Terms and Conditions
By registering to bid online with Dahl Real Estate, Bidders agree to the following Terms & Conditions for all auctions.
Dahl Real Estate Online Auctions are Dynamic: The closing of an auction operates on a staggered basis. Bidding typically begins closing for the first item at 5:00 PM Central Time, then typically closes 1 item per 30 Seconds thereafter to the last item in catalog order. If a bid is received in the last 1 minute of an item, the clock resets to 2 minutes until all bidding ends for that item. Review all bids before submitting.
- By registering to bid at Dahl Real Estate Auctions you agree to close the transaction pursuant to the terms and conditions of sale.
- Registration: By registering with Dahl Real Estate, you agree to hold harmless Dahl Real Estate, its Owner(s), Auctioneer and any Consignor against any claim or liability resulting from items sold, including but not limited to proximate or consequential damages, failure to comply with local, state or federal laws, and cost or legal expenses arising there from. Auctioneers and Consignors liability shall be limited to the refund of Bidders purchase price.
- Required Bidding Information: Bidders are required to submit a valid full name, address, email address, credit card and phone number. Dahl Real Estate reserves the right to reject registration to any person or entity. Your card may be charged $1 to test that it is valid but the $1 will be refunded within 72 hours.
- Bidding: The highest Bidder shall be the buyer at the hammer price and any dispute shall be settled at the Auctioneer's absolute discretion. In Case of BIDDING ERRORS, prior to auction closing, the Bidder must immediately contact our office at 815-379-2447 or email at dahlrealestate@msn..com . Corrections will be reviewed and altered at the discretion of the Auctioneer. Bidder’ accept responsibility of reviewing bids before submitting. NO bids will be reversed after auction published closing time or auction closing has commenced..
- Sales Tax: There is no sales tax applicable on this sale.
- Buyer’s Premium: There is no Buyer Premium Charged for This Sale
- Billing: Invoices are billed to the credit card on file on the day following the auction closing ( August 4, 2023). Bidders wanting to pay cash must notify Dahl Real Estate by phone at 815-878-0438 or by e-mail at dahlrealestate@msn..com by 8:00 am (August 4th the morning following bid closing and arrive to pay cash and pick up by 3:00 pm on Saturday August 5th 2023. If balance is not paid by Saturday August 5, 2023 the credit card on file will be billed starting at 3:00 pm. In the case of non-payment, Bidders will be blocked from bidding until a valid credit card is entered and balances paid in full.
- Forms of payment are MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card, American Express, Cash with a valid credit card on file, or good check. All returned checks will be charged a $45 processing fee. Bidders must have an active credit card on file with the appropriate credit limit for the items being bid. All transactions are in U.S. Dollars. If any Bidder fails to complete their transaction or pick-up items within the specified time frame, the Auctioneer and its Consignor may offer the item to another Bidder. If a Bidder fails to complete a transaction, they will be blocked from future Dahl Real Estate Auctions until all transactions are completed.
- Site Safety: All Bidders enter the auction site at their own risk. Any accident or harm caused is not the responsibility of Dahl Real Estate, the Auctioneer, or Consignor. No children or pets are allowed at the auction site during inspection or removal.
- Pick-Up: FRIDAY August 4, 2023 4;30-7;30 PM SATURDAY August 5, 2023 12:00 - 3:00 PM. Removal of items (pickup) will take place during specific dates and times determined by Dahl Real Estate. A paid receipt or proper ID is required from anyone picking up purchased items. Bidders are responsible for the safe, timely removal of their items and for knowing site conditions, bringing tools, equipment and assistance required to remove items. Removal of all items purchased are at the expense, liability, and risk of winning Bidder. All items must be removed within the approved schedule or the item may be considered abandoned to the Consigner or Auctioneer.
- No Warranty Implied: All items are sold "AS IS”, “WHERE IS”, and with “NO WARRANTY" of any kind expressed or implied as to any item's condition, quality, or value. Descriptions are believed to be accurate, but not guaranteed. Inspection of items prior to auction closing will be posted on the auction information page with dates, times, and locations of inspection. No refunds will be awarded for errors in the item’s description, photo, defect, or anything wrong with the item. Bidders are bidding on the described item, not the photo, do not assume a lot consists of multiple items if pictured together. Photos may be a representation of an actual item. Bidders are responsible for personally inspecting items in person and reading all descriptions prior to placing bids. It is the Bidder's sole responsibility to inspect the item and understand labor requirements before bidding.
- Abandoned items: If a Bidder fails to remove an item within the allowed time frame, Dahl Real Estate reserves the right to deem the item abandoned by the Bidder and the winning Bidder will lose any amount paid and any rights to that item and will be held responsible for any fees incurred for transportation and/or storage expense associated with the abandoned item. Items left at Dahl Real Estate auction site for more than 10 days will incur storage charges.
- Reserve: Dahl Real Estate and its Consignors may place a reserve or minimum bid on any item. The reserve amount may or may not be displayed. Dahl Real Estate and its Auctioneers reserve the right to reject bids for any reason. When the reserve is not met the Auctioneers will immediately notify the Consignor to make the high bid offer, the Consignor can Accept or reject the offer.
- Changes in Auction or Schedule: Dahl Real Estate and our Consignors have the right to add or delete items from any auction or split or combine lots within an auction; suspend, cancel, reschedule, or extend any individual item and/or auction event and make changes to the auction starting/closing times, inspection, and removal dates and/or times.
- Technology Disruptions: Auctioneer will not be responsible for technology disruptions, errors or failures (including disruptions to bidding of the failure to execute, recognize or record online bids), whether caused by (i) loss of connectivity, breakdown, disruption, or failure of the Online Auction Platform (ii) breakdown, disruption of failure of a Bidder’s internet connection, computer or system, or (iii) otherwise. Auctioneer may but will not be required to continue or suspend, delay, extend, reset, reschedule, or close the Auction because of disruptions caused by technology failures, after bidding has commenced.
Dahl Real Estate uses Online Auction Platform Providers to facilitate each Auction. Under no circumstances will Auctioneer be liable for any failure of the Online Auction Platform Provider to perform or for any deficiencies the Online Auction Platform Provider’s performance, or for the failure of its affiliates, employees, representatives or contractors of the Online Auction Platform Provider to perform their obligations.
- Consignors: Dahl Real Estate acts as an agent to the Consignor and assumes no liability or responsibility for actions, principles or decisions made by the Consignor if withdrawing an item or making changes prior to the auction closing.
- Shipping & Delivery: Dahl Real Estate offers shipping for some items. Bidders must call in advance to determine if shipping is available. Bidders are responsible for scheduling shipping and providing insurance for items that will be shipped. All items are shipped FOB Dock. Crating or packing charges will apply, call for quotation.
Can't make it to the auction?
Bid on our auctions from your smartphone when online bidding is available. Download our app today.